The Whitsunday Coast Airport unveiled the regions’ new jewel in the crown this week, a large aquarium with a coral heart reef and gorgeous tropical fish at arrivals and departures section of the lounge. Well done Whitsunday Regional Council on not only having a vision but seeing it to fruition. What an asset to our tourism reliant region.
The Whitsunday Regional Council together with Tourism Whitsundays are running media training for industry next Tuesday 16 July. Media and Communications Specialist Kim Skubris will be running a session with industry on how to deal with media. The Council ran a workshop earlier in the year with Kim and anyone that attended will agree that it was extremely informative. Afternoon spots are still available, if you’d like more information on these workshops and how you can secure your spot, contact Alyssa Turner.
Tourism and Events Queensland in partnership with Tourism Whitsundays is hosting TEQ’s Conversations with Industry at Lure, Coral Sea Marina|Resort (formally Abell Point Marina) on Thursday 25th July from 1:30pm - 4:30pm. This is your opportunity to meet with Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) specialists in areas of international marketing, social media, public relations, events, Best of Queensland Experiences Program and more. TEQ will also present their strategic direction and consumer trends and insights, as well as showcasing some of the marketing campaigns and initiatives of the past year. Transfers will be provided from Lure to Port of Airlie in time for the 5:40pm ferry to Daydream Island for those attending the Tourism Whitsundays networking night. Please register your attendance here by Monday, 22 July 2019.
There are a few spots left for the Tourism Whitsundays networking night at Daydream Island on the 25th July, but they’re filling fast. Please RSVP via Whitsundays Tickets.
This week Tourism Whitsundays has welcomed a new team member Tracey Tyler. Tracey has started with the team part time as the Information Services Co-ordinator. Tracey’s primary role will be to look after the Airlie Beach Cruise Ship Volunteer Ambassador Group Tracey will also look after the Cruise Segment, working with our key stakeholders, ITO’s and Cruise Ships to continue to maintain the cruise ship program. Tourism Whitsundays would like to take this opportunity to thank Brian Richardson for his commitment and leadership to the Cruise Ship Ambassador Program.
This fortnights favourite 3 Instagram Posts
Making the Most of your Membership
Please find below a list of opportunities available for you to get involved with. If you're unsure if these are for you and want to know more, let us know.
Tourism Whitsundays Member Opportunities
Member Advertising Opportunities
- Have you seen the 2020 Cooperative Advertising Opportunities? This includes several opportunities ranging from inflight, travel, wedding, business events, drive market to Expos/ Tradeshows. Click here to read the prospectus.
- Are you interested in featuring in a segment on QLD Weekender and/or Creek to Coast? There is currently a co-op opportunity with filming 1-10 August in Region. Click here to find out more.
- Whitsundays support Nova’s Bids to Help Sick Kids – please donate prizes for a fantastic Whitsundays Package click here for more information. Contact Cherie expressions of interest.
- Sponsorship Opportunities - 2019 Whitsunday Tourism Awards contact Aimee for more information on how you can be involved.
- Expressions of Interest to join Mackay Boat Show 19 – 20 October click here to find out more.
- Have you seen the latest Digital Influencer Famil opportunities click here to find out more.
- Sponsor a networking night by donating stubby coolers for us to give away. Reach out the membership team for more information.
- Start to take online bookings or integrate an affiliate booking engine on your website for commissionable sales. Contact the membership team for more information.
- Have you listed your business on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)? A 12 month subscription to the ATDW is included in Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Restaurant and Retail memberships. Contact the membership team for your unique code to be able to list your product on tourismwhitsundays.com.au, Queensland.com, and Australia.com.
Every membership counts, and goes into marketing and publicity activity to drive visitation, expenditure, dispersal and length of stay. We all benefit from a thriving tourism industry, so help us promote this beautiful destination by becoming a member of Tourism Whitsundays; please see our 2019/20 membership prospectus or contact the membership team for more information.
Find out more - Member Opportunities